I need help with paying my rent or council tax

Choose one of the following options


PLEASE NOTE – From 12th December 2018, if you are working age and:

1. not currently receiving Housing Benefit AND;

2. are making your first claim:


you must apply for UNIVERSAL CREDIT to receive support in paying your rent.


Exceptions to the above are if you live in Supported Accommodation - you will need to apply for Housing Benefit to help pay your rent.  More information about this can be found on our website.

You will still need to complete this application for Council Tax Reduction to receive help with your council tax.  Click on the 'start' button below to submit your online claim.

Start a new form

Choose this option to start a new form - click on the Start button to get going

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on
Loading section. Please wait a few moments... Please wait while we search for your details